Skip to main content

My First Blog Posting

About Me:

My name is Stella Jung and I am studying Computer Programming and Analysis at Seneca College.
I was born in South Korea and travelled from place to place in various countries to study, work, and gain various experiences. Finally, I am kind of settled down in Toronto since 2016. 
I think I used to have a sense of using my computer well when I was little. Thus, I turned my major and career into Programming!. Ever since I started studying at Seneca, I was really curious about Open Source, Specially CDOT. I still don't know why.... and I am not sure yet what Open Source exact means... 
I took summer off and staying mostly at home because of COVID-19. Though, I am kind of enjoying not going out.  🤣   


My expectation from OSD600:

From the start of the course, most of the styles are new to me. Blog, Wiki, RSS feed and so on. I guess, they are all important stuff to get used to if I want to work as developer. I am hoping that not only polish my programming skills, but also I enjoy this course and eventually become familiarized with those features. I also want to be a helpful person to community somehow.


My interest of GitHub trending repo:

I picked "react-hook-form" from trending repositories. I have been studying over summer implementing shopping web-app with react using hook and redux. It is a challenge to understand and extend use of hook and redux. I would like to take a look this part again later.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experience about a contribution to fix a bug or issue

  Starting... I have been very exciting to review other classmates' repository before I will jump into a real open source project. From this lab, I have learned how to do forking and cloning other projects and create a new branch for a new issue or a new feature. It is very hard to wait for the owner's answer but it also can be a special experience  Reading... In my experience, finding an issue and improvement is not easy especially for other's task and really careful to touch it since it should be very sensitive. For this reason, my first step for this lab, I tried to create an issue with a nice comment. During the time for waiting for reply, I did forking and cloning the repository and started to review a code to find out what I can contribute. Finally, I figured out some part I can improve so I added comment for it,  Issue 5 I suggested three things. First of all, the number of counter is always the last number so I wanted to fix it. Second, I wanted to add an another ...

Coding Standard

  Starting... This lab is to help our codes to standardize automatically. As you have experienced a lot, group coding is very difficult to be unified in one specific style. In this lab, we will explore how to make one style code with very efficient or effective libraries, prettier and lint for node js . Progressing... Prettier,  link , is great for matching our coding style especially indent with tab or space, how many line and so on. The first step I took is to install prettier and put simple scripts in package.json,   "prettier-fix": "prettier --write \"./**/*.{md,js,json}\"",  "prettier": "prettier --check \"./**/*.{md,js,json}\"". I just run the script and I realized that there were a lot of prettier issues like indent, different ending style, tab, space and so on. Luckily, these scripts were very helpful since it provided auto editing features as well so I did not have to modify following the rules manually.   Eslint,  li...

Working with telescope

   Starting... This lab is to help students to communicate with a big project, telescope, and understanding how to handle with the set it up. There were a lot of trouble since many of technologies are new for me such as docker, docker-compose, elastic search ladis, pino, and so on. Let's jump in the big project . Progressing... The first step I took is to install wsl 2. It is not very difficult since microsoft provides good instruction, link . Although the telescope provides very good instruction,   here , It was not really easy for me to get a concept and set it up successfully. Therefore, I needed to ask a lot of questions on slack, telescope channel. Some helped me a lot and explained so much and finally I got it work successfully.  After my server was working locally, I didn't have any issue to get the response from the url, http://localhost:3000/posts.  To communicate with the local server, actually I needed to change my code a lot since I wanted to sp...